Fartlek Friday

Feeling Glorious
Victorious
Fabulous
Strong
Amazing
Capable
Energized
In the Zone!
Accomplished.
Back From An Injury!
Darn right Happy!


After this:




5.52 Miles in 41:16.  7:28 average mile pace.  Six 75 second intervals spiced in the mix:
1.  6:15 pace
2. 6:11 pace
3.  6:11 pace
4.  6:11
5.  6:15 pace
6.  5:56 pace


I felt strong.  My form felt great.  I felt like I could have kept this up for at least another 5 miles if not much more.  Hopefully for 26.2!


Here is my "I'm Tired (but not too tired) and Sweaty" picture in the locker room afterwards.  I really don't like to take pictures of myself with others around so I was kind of embarrassed to snap the shot.




A little word (or just for you Kovas and Chris K, I'll make it many words) about music while running.  I have never really been a girl to listen to music while I run.  I've recently tried it and it is nice sometimes, especially on long runs.  But on speed days or tempo runs, It's Go time for me and music seems to be more of distraction than a help.  I much prefer to go within my mind, get in the zone, feel my pace and focus on my goals.  With music, I find myself slowing down or speeding up based on the rhythm of the music.  Here is a little of what goes on in my head during a run like tonight:


*  I focus on my form.  Tonight I focused on several of my cues from my Brain Training book...leaning forward, walking on water, my cadence, etc.


*  I tell myself that I am strong and capable.


*  I remind myself that I have so much more within me than I've ever unlocked and I try to push away any negative thinking


*  I think of my goals...You can break 20 minutes in the 5k, you can run a sub 7 min mile pace for a long time, You are strong, beautiful and gifted.  


*  I think of my life and my many blessings


* I visualized myself running my races and looking beautiful in form, body, and reaching my time goals.


Basically, these runs are my time to just be in the zone and visualize!  Music distracts me from this sometimes.  Tonight was just one of many runs lately that have made me feel so thankful to know that I'm not only recovering from my injury with strength, but I am at a point where I believe that I will be able to finally push myself to the levels of running that I've always been capable of but never been ready for emotionally or mentally because of difficult life circumstances that I needed to work through.  I feel like I have arrived.   It's my time to be the runner that I've always known is within me!  The runner my Dad and Grandpa would be proud of.  So thankful.  So excited.  


We only have one life to push ourselves to new levels and see what we are capable of.  We only have this one life to be the best US that we can be.  I think Running is so much more than exercise or a way to stay fit...it allows each of us who call ourselves a runner to challenge ourselves, believe in ourselves, and overcome new heights in our life.  Training for a race, no matter your level of fitness, no matter how fast you are or what place you come in is empowering and it carries over to all the other areas of our life!  


So Thankful for Running!  Here's to a Happy Weekend!



Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment