Hot Sexy Bitch

Yup, that's what I was telling myself to believe about myself tonight to get motivated and pumped up for my incline interval workout at the gym.  I was strutting my stuff (at least in my 32 year old head) and I made my way through the over crowded gym to the only treadmill left.  Yup, it had my name on it:  Hot Sexy Bitch Wannabe (and no I do not really refer to myself as Hot Sexy Bitch).  Only really, the real name for me this week is Hot (Mad at everything Hot) and Bitchy.  So, back to the story....I get up on the treadmill, take off my long sleeve shirt, start some dynamic stretches, and then I notice it.  The Nike swoosh on the back leg of my tight black three quarter length work out pants.  That's weird, the swoosh is supposed to be on the front.  That's right folks...there I was with my pants on backwards, my undies hanging out I'm sure and a poofy butt shape on my front from wearing my pants all day (the right way).  So who is the ass today?  That would be ME! Hope I made you feel better about yourself.  So much for my self pep talk and getting myself feeling hot, sexy and revved up!  Good grief.  I tied my shirt around my waste and went on with my work out anyway.   


I had to take my pants off before I left for the gym because I had to tape my hamstring up.  In the normal chaos from my three kids running around needing my every bit of energy, I must of have just slipped on my pants without noticing that my butt wasn't where it should have been.  This is my kind of week really.  Just one of those off weeks.  


I took pictures with my phone but they are not coming through.  I'll try again when I get home.  


Yes,  I said when I get home.  That's right, I am doing what I've wanted to be doing all week.  Sitting by myself in a coffee shop 
all. by. myself.  
And this is my treat to myself after a hard workout and a grumpy hormonal time of the month.  I already ate the red velvet cupcake.  It was gross but I ate it anyway. The real joy is that I'm ALONE!!  Nobody needs me!  And I can just SIT and watch people and wonder what their story is.  And WRITE.  And READ your fantastic blogs!  






TOFU
So, my new blog buddy at Muncher Cruncher asked me about how I cook Tofu.  My two younger kids are huge fans of tofu so I do make it quite often.  I try to make things as easy as possible.  


1.  I put a little bit of olive oil, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar in a hot pan.



2.  Add some cubed tofu or slice the blocked tofu in slices if you want to make a yummy sandwich.  


3.  Cook it until you think it tastes yummy.  Serve.  Simple.  If you want you can add cheese.  Oh, and if you want to make some yummy kick butt sandwiches then just slice the tofu instead of cube it and then cook it in the stuff on both sides until you like how it tasted.  This is yummy with cheese melted.  Then you can add avacado, sprouts, cucumber, pickles, tomatoes, onion,etc.  All on a some sourdough or wheat bread.  My favorite Sandwich!  



Weekly Training
I've never really posted my weekly training workout on a blog post.  I save that for my running log when I get to it.  But I thought I'd include my workouts for this week.  I'm doing the Brain Training for Runners plan.  I'm in the first phase where I am building a base.  My marathon isn't until June 4th so I have a ways to go.  I have several tune up races in the meantime. 


Mon:  Day Off.  Love this day!  My Family Loves it too!
Tues:  4 miles at base pace ( base pace right now at the start is about an 8 min mile pace).  High Knees and Leg hops
Wed:  Hill intervals on the treadmill.  2 mile warm up at recovery pace (9ish) 4 x1 min hill reps @ 6:00 min pace with 2 min active recovery.  What should my incline be for a hill repeat??
Thurs: SPIN Class...my new favorite cross training! 30 min @ recovery pace.  Resistance workout (Jillian's Shred or specific workouts in book)
Friday:  Fartlek 4 miles @ base pace with 4 x1 min intervals at 6:00 minute pace sprinkled in
Sat:  Base Run of 4 miles and resistance work
Sun:  6 miles @base
All Week focusing on my form and using visual cues to help me stay in form.  Also focusing on cadence.  I'm noticing a big improvement!  Yay!

Note:  This is a 24 week program so this is just a base building stage.  It will gradual get harder and add miles.  


I'm feeling good and my hamstring is feeling strong.  Funny thing is that my non injured hamstring is actually the tight one that feels worse.  


1.  Tell me an embarrassing story that you've had at the gym.  I just told you one so it is your turn.  


2.  What should my incline be on the TM for these types of short repeats I was doing?  3.0?  


3.  Do you find that your athletic performance and the energy you have towards it suffers around your special time of the month?  (sorry guys, I guess this question isn't for you but I'm sure you might notice changes in your wife sometimes right?)  
I just get so tired, crabby, and I want to eat crap!  At least this is how it has been recently.  ugggh!  


4.  What is one of your favorite things to do by yourself when you get to escape and have alone time?  



Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment