I'm Feelin' Oh So Stylish

stylish-blogger.jpg

So, I'm not sure what makes me stylish...perhaps it is that the people that tagged me in this "Award" know that I am likely to play along so here goes.  Thanks Kovas, Stephanie, and Rose for this most prestigious award.  I'm honored and now am rethinking my desire to qualify for Boston again...Who needs Boston with accolades like this?!  No seriously though, these are fun and I've enjoyed reading all of the other Stylish Blogger posts out there.  Thanks.  

So here's how this Stylish thing works:

Here’s how being *stylish* works…


There are 4 duties to perform to accept this award:




1.  Make a post + Link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2.  Share 7 things about yourself.
3.  Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers
4.  Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won!


Okay, so I've never been an official rule follower so I might not follow through on all 4 of these "rules" just as they are but I'll try.  I decided to include some photos to go along with my 7 things just for you visual learners.  

1. Hood To Coast.  Since it is the day for the Hood To Coast Movie and many of you are going to be viewing it, I thought I'd include a picture from Hood To Coast 2004.  I was 1 month preggo with my first born and I was smiling the whole way!  So fun!  You have to do this race at least once...it is awesome.  



2.  Hiking, Camping, and New Love!  This is my  husband and I in Colorado in 2004 just outside of Aspen, Colorado.  We went backpacking for a few nights and it was a small slice of heaven.  We were also very much in that new love stage where all we could do was smile, kiss, and talk nonsense to each other.  What a memory.  A little on the hippie dippity side too.  I mean check out the flowers in the hair.  :)  


3.  I love travel and weddings.  My brother got married in Northern Thailand on January 1, 2009.  My husband and I left our two girls with the in laws and we took off for 11 days in Thailand to experience our second trip to Thailand but our first traditional Thai wedding.  It was amazing!  I was 4 months preggo with my son.  



4.  Since I am in the Thailand photo file, I might as well Keep going with a few from that trip.  Okay, #4 is FAMILY...I'm so thankful for my family.  My mom went with my husband and I to Thailand.  This is my brother and mom having fun.  



5.  Love.  Love makes the world a better place.   Love for SELF.  Love for Others.  Love for the World!  I think there are so many ways that we can give love to the world and put love into what we do.  My biggest goal in life is to have more love, compassion and understanding.  I will always have room to improve with this goal.  



6.  Fun!  Life needs lots of laughter.  I don't know what we are doing in this picture.  This is me with my mom and sister in-law Ninew in some garden in Thailand.  



7.  Meditation and Relaxation are a big part of bringing me back to myself and remembering what is important in life.  This was part of our trip to the beach in southern Thailand.  




8.  Okay, told you I would break the rules!  I'm doing more than 7.  Culture!  I value other cultures, communities, and beliefs.  This was a ritual in my brother's wedding that was beautiful!  Everyone brought a piece of string with a blessing to say to them and then they tied their hands together. 




9.  Sisters and Motherhood One of my biggest dreams as a child and growing up was to be a mother.  I knew forever that I wanted to have children.  It is the greatest part of my life.  The love I have for my children is beyond anything that I could ever imagine.  I never had a sister but seeing the relationship between my girls makes me so happy.  This was my their first ever meeting.  Makes me tear up just thinking about it.  


10.  I am sensitive, emotional and I "feel" everything...in my heart, my mind, and my soul.  Words are my way to express how I am feeling.  This is why I am an avid reader and writer.   This is my wedding day where I am reading my vows (long ones) that I wrote.  Oh and that beautiful woman behind me is my Best Friend Forever!  




1. Briana from ...and so it goes.
2. Little Fruit Fly In Rainbow Colored Socks
2.  Jody (Great Blog, Food Made Better)
3.  Heather (View From The Shoe)
4.  Kate ( What's On My Mind Today)
5.  Kate (Run With Kate. Tales Of A SoCal Veg Runner)
6.  Happy To Be A Running Mama
7.  Happy Feet 26.2  
8.  Taking It On
9.  Jess @ Blond Pony Tail
10.  Tortunga-Runner (Tales of an Ambitious Slacker)


Feel free to not do this post if you find this tag to be more of an assignment or something that doesn't sound like fun!  I totally understand and DO NOT MIND at all but it would be fun to know you better!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment