It's The Little Things That Add Up

Woke up this morning feeling fresh and thankful for a new week to be back to routine after the holiday break.  I also woke up feeling excited for a new plan in my life.  Jess from Blond Ponytail posted recently about the emotions game where you take a picture of people showing an emotion.  The way I play is that you call out an emotion as you are clicking the camera and then you get the person to show that emotion on their face.  This game can be quite fun, especially if played with the right people.  My favorite emotions or feelings to call out are:  constipated, angry, shocked, irritated, need to sneeze, horny, just let one rip....oh so many fun ones.  Jess suggested I do a "I registered for Newport Marathon" emotion.  I thought about this and came up with several faces but overall I think I just feel strong, confident, happy and excited!  So here is my picture Jess.  Nothing exciting.  But I'll post some good emotion pictures soon and then I'll tag a bunch of you to do the same...it will be a photo tag so you won't have to do any big writing...just take pictures of yourself.




Spent some time in my journal this morning as I had my coffee. I took some time to list the things I'm thankful for as well as spend some time in prayer. The things I was most thankful for this morning were:


*  A reminder from one of my blog readers (from the question they asked me) that I am not doing enough for my spiritual growth.  
*  A day off from Running.  This has also meant a day off from reading about running (mostly) and thinking about running.  It has been nice.  The only big reminder has been my sore body from all the running lately.  
*  3 beautiful, happy, healthy children and a husband that I absolutely adore! 


The sun was pouring in the windows as I wrote and my kids quietly played together in the back room (not NORMAL).  It really was a perfect start to a day.  






I also had some time today to start reworking the first thoughts of the children's book my mom and I are doing together.  Writing a children's book is harder than it looks!  






Read a very sincere and raw post from Hungry Runner Girl that made me even more inspired by her and glad to know her through blog land.   


Was able to embrace my mess of a house instead of let it stress me out. This mess means that I have life around me.  It is MY mess and I'm thankful that I have precious little feet and hands around me to make that mess.  I think the SUN had a lot to do with this Peace and Zen-like mood that I was feeling.  We don't see the sun much around here during winter.  Here is what my house looks like OFTEN (without the sun):




Oh, and my husband asked me to return some items to the Columbia Store here in Portland.  It was the employee store so everything was so cheap!  I can't believe he sent me in there and expected me to get out with just a return.  It was like an Amanda Store...everything in there was made just for me!!  At least that is how it felt.  Active Wear Mecca!  Needless to say, I spent way more than I had intended.  And my 3 year old and 18 month old were awesome the entire hour.  They just ran around, hid under the clothes racks, screamed, and my 18 month old thought the clothes were meant to be a Tarzan rope.  Oh, and he shat ( I love the word shat.  Otherwise I would have said pooped) in his diaper and I didn't have wipes so I had to use paper towel.  But really they were awesome.  Here is a picture of me trying to show you my new top, fleece pants, and comfy slippers!  The shirt even has those great holes for your thumbs.  




Thanks again for all your support and encouragement about the Newport Marathon!  Your words are so motivating!  


1.  Is your house often messy or are you a clean freak that has to have everything in order at all times?  um, I have three kids ages 5 and under.  enough said?  Well, seriously, I think I would have a relatively clean and tidy house (within reason) if it were not for kids.  It is clean and tidy at least once a day but never longer than a few hours at a time.


2.  What do your closet and clothes drawers look like?  Are they all neat and tidy or would you be embarrassed if your company saw them?  I have NEVER had neat drawers or closet.  I always try but within a few weeks my closet and drawers are awful.  My drawers are mostly used for my pajamas and workout clothes and most of the time I just stuff them in there...or kind of fold and stuff.  I am always getting on my daughters for the same thing (I'm such a clothes organizer HYPOCRITE). My room is off limits to company.  Period.  


3.  Do you write in a journal?  







Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment