Small Celebrations and IT Band Video Take Two

Hey Blog Peeps.  Thank you so much for your IT Band Wisdom.  I'm hoping it isn't an IT Band Issue.  I will be listening to my body, being smart, icing, stretching, rolling (with the painful one Chris), using my rolling pin more often in creative ways, and hoping it all goes away.  


Small Celebrations today:


*  My husband is home after being in Toronto for a work presentation/conference.  Yay for my best friend and love being home.  


*  I was able to have my babysitter watch my kids so that I could fit in my run AND volunteer in my daughters Kinder class.  


*  I got to help in the Writer's Workshop in Kindergarten...What a JOY!  I'm convinced that being a kinder teacher is quite possibly the most rewarding and important jobs there is.  I think it keeps you young being surrounded by such raw joy and unguarded life every day.  It was such a treat for me to be doing something I love so very very VERY much...teaching kids to read and write.  


*  My daughter was so joyful that I was in her classroom.  Proud too.  This made me feel like a million bucks!  I also made it in time to see her master the monkey bars at recess.  Priceless and irreplaceable moment.  


*  I decided to present at the Oregon Writing Festival again this year.  


*  My son had his shots today and barely cried.  We had donuts afterwards as a treat!


*  Despite the pain in the side of my leg, I felt awesome on my run today.  6 miles @ base pace.  MIle 3 was 7:45 and Mile 4 was 7:37.  Often I would look down and realize that I was at low 7's and felt strong.  I slowed down a bit to keep my pace at a higher 7 or low 8 pace  since this wasn't a race.  ;)  I had a big smile on my face.  I can see the pieces coming together and my work paying off.  I have a long way to go though.  


My husband watched my earlier video and then the one I did an hour or so before and he thought it was much more authentic with my son at my feet.  I thought I'd give you more of the HOOD to Runninghood in this second video.  I guess after watching it, it kind of makes me laugh seeing how much my little guy is moving around and I'm just ignoring him.   So here is more of the REAL DEAL.  The one you saw in my last post was when he was napping.  





Thanks again for your advice and support!  


What is a small celebration (or BIG) in your life today?  

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment