Looking For My Mojo and Counting My Blessings

All day today, all week really, I've been feeling a bit on the moody side.  I've found myself feeling irritated and just "OFF".  Off my game, my routine.  My mojo is all messed up.  I know that a big part of it is that my house is torn up since the kitchen is still being done.  Yes, still.  6 days now.  Having all my kitchen in boxes and scattered around our small home has made it difficult for me to eat the way I usually do and this has been a big part of my "offness". I've spent the week eating tons of CRAP!! 


Today I found myself quietly complaining  and worrying about all sorts of things:
*  The pouring rain that made getting my race packet and running the course with my son NOT SO FUN.
*  My fighting kids who are just as ready to have their house back as I am.  
*  The guilt over skipping my repeat 1600's yesterday because I was too stressed about getting my painting done and feeling scattered from being in a torn up house all day. Funny thing is that I couldn't sleep because I had too much energy in my legs.  I almost got up at 3 a.m to run just so I could sleep.  My body is so conditioned to running hard that it hasn't known what to do with this recovery week of easier workouts.  
*  being dehydrated because I am not drinking as much waters as usual
*  Being a little worried about leaving my son tomorrow...not because I can't leave my kids...just because I know what a hard time he is having right now and for him to wake up and have someone else there is going to be hard on him.  What mother doesn't have a hard time with knowing their kids will struggle with something?  Yes, I already know that he will be fine.  No worries on giving me any of those lectures.  ;)  
*  Being a little stressed about having the kitchen workers here again tomorrow (they were supposed to be done) when I'm at my race and the babysitter is here.  
*  Just that sick feeling in my stomach that I always get before running a 5k.  But I'm over it..this is a new day for me.  I'm no longer holding on to those old bags.  :) 


And then whenever I would find myself griping and moaning, I would remind myself:
*  How pathetic it is to be grumpy about my kitchen not being done yet when I am GETTING A NEW KITCHEN!  Nothing to complain about.
*  The people in Japan who are suffering right now.  Many many people have lost people they love, their homes, and their own lives.  This alone makes me grateful to even have any of the small things in my life, let alone the big ones.  
*  I have some great kids!  Love them!  They are stressed too and they want to have their normal routines back just as much as I do.  


So, here's to rain in Portland!  I'll just have to make the most of it!


And here's to finishing out kitchen and deciding on a paint color.  We bought some way too expensive brown mocha like paint but it was way too drab for our tastes so we are going to go with COLOR!  I love color!  We are thinking the dark green.  






Good luck to all of you racing this weekend!  Again, I am so excited to get a chance to catch up on some of your blogs.  I miss the inspiration I get from so many of you. I've truly grown and pushed myself to do so many new things because of you!


 1. What's new with you?  Celebrations?  Disappointments?  Races?  Life?  Things your children have done that make you laugh?  


2. What is your biggest tip for racing a good 5k?  


3.  Do you race in shorts even if it is 30-40 degrees outside?  Trying to figure out if I'm wearing shorts or tights.  


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment