My Sweet Nome

 March 16, 2007
My sweet Nome.
You came to us,
and
brought me a peace unlike anything else.
You, like your father,
are a calm to me. Your energy and love wash over me,
I learn from you daily.
Thank you for your wisdom, beauty, and strength.
My sweet Nome.

When you came to us,
My tears of feeling defeat and disappointment in my labor,
tears of frustration and loss over my birth process going the way I wanted.
 The way I planned.
These tears dried up and were replaced with 
a joy and love so deep that
words cannot possibly describe.
Even then,
Instantly,
You.
brought me peace, calm, love.
I watched you,
sleeping peacefully,
all night long.
Taking one picture after another,
sweet sleeping Nome
In my arms.
Today is about you,
Your day of Birth.
A gift you are to me, today and always.
My sweet sleeping Nome.
Thank you for teaching me, loving me, and shining your spirit on all of us! 
We love you.
I love you.
My sweet Nome. 





I'm four?  I don't feel four!  her breakfast request:  tofu, apples and snap peas (seriously.)


A few random thoughts before my kids awake:
*  Today is my baby girl's birthday!  We will do whatever she wants (within reason). 
*  Been crazy busy lately with my kitchen (it is done!! besides getting new curtains!), my husband's birthday yesterday, my daughter's party on Thursday that I have not planned yet, and just life.
* Lost my running journal somehow.  Wrote down my splits from my run yesterday (8.5 miles in the pouring pouring rain!) I feel lost without my journals.  Where could it be?  It disappeared in a matter of hours.  grrr.
*  Somehow have to fit in repeat 1ks today in addition to doing all I can to make sure I'm fully present in my sweet girl's day (she is still sleeping btw).  It is going to be hard to run too late (no energy) and I don't want to miss out on her birthday dinner.  Maybe a sitter this afternoon if she is available. 
* OH my, just found out that my 5 year old knew exactly where my running journal was...under her sister's bed.  This tells me that SHE was the one that hid it.  Just to see me squirm!!!  Only problem is that she was fast asleep when I was tearing the house apart looking for my journal at almost midnight.  Oh that little weasel!
*  On that note....I'm off this thing.  Sorry I can't keep up much these days.  I know I have not responded to so many of you and please don't take it personally.  I am just really trying to balance my life and spend less time on here and more time being present in my life with my kids.  Don't give up on me though...I'll be back....I find that with most things in life, there are ebbs and flows....cycles...
*  Peace to all of you this week! 

Here are a few pictures of my kitchen...I still need to do some touch ups, make some new window coverings,etc. but for now, we are done! 





Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment