Bike Chain as Chanel Inspiration, New York

Whenever I see these bike messengers with their big bike chain wrapped around their waist I always think about Karl and Chanel. I keep waiting for the day I see Chanel models racing down the runway sporting heavy chain belts with leather threaded through - a thicker version of a Chanel bag's chain. This messenger's look is just begging to be Karlized.

I know he has Chanelled other sports but has Karl ever interpreted bike messengers? Just imagine all that gear (high-heeled biking shoes as showcased earlier today) with the Double C logo.


By the same token, I would love to see a few smartass messengers turn the table and do their own version of a Chanel bike chain and lock.

I nominate this young lady to lead the charge.
October 2010

November 2010

Ok, I know Terence Koh isn't actually a messenger but still...the look is begging for the Karl touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment