Lululemon, Lessons and Half Marathon

My friend Jen was talking with me the other day about the fact that many times, as writers, we end up writing what we need to know.  In other words, we are inspired to write about the things that we most want to know for ourselves.  I find this especially true with myself lately.  As I've been coming closer to being confident enough to realize my dreams and make things happen for my life that I might have been too scared or insecure to try before.  I think my post last night, Growing Ideas, is filled with lessons and tips that I'm teaching myself so that I can move closer and closer to reaching my goals.  It was kind of like a personal journal entry or self pep talk and I'm glad that some of you found inspiration and motivation from it as well.  Thank you for your comments.  By the way, the art and the collages are all done by my Mom.  For those of you who asked, she uses Real Simple and Yoga magazines and she uses clear-like glue that is photo safe.

I finally did it.  Thanks to all of you bloggers out there that are always raving about your Lululemon gear, I took advantage of this sunny day to head downtown Portland to hit up the Lululemon store.  I have a few races coming up so I decided that it was time to get some shorts that look good, feel good, and that will LAST a long time!  I kidnapped my mom and took her along with me so I wouldn't be alone with 3 kids in a tiny store.  Thank you MOM!  She is a bad influence on me and tried to convince me to get a top and shorts in each color and style but at $54 for one pair of shorts, I had to tell her to keep her opinions to herself.  Ha!  Okay, so she really didn't suggest that but she does convince me that buying quality products is very well worth it!

Here is what I got:

The Groovy Run Short

The Speed Short


The Cool Racerback in black.  I would get off my butt and take a picture but this woman does just fine.  I like this top because it doesn't have a built in bra so I can wear my Handful bra that I love so much!

Tune-Up Race 
I have a half marathon on Sunday.  It was a scheduled tune-up race in my training program but it was only supposed to be a 10k.  When I originally planned out my schedule, there was not a 10k this weekend so my husband and I are running the Half Marathon together.  I'm actually really excited!!  I'm not sure how I'll run it.  Maybe I'll use it as a progression run or maybe just run part of it hard and the other part at base pace.  Or perhaps I'll race the whole thing and just see what happens.  This last options seems more likely if I know myself at all.  Whatever I do, I am excited to be with my husband, drop the kids off with Grammy and Papa, wear my new Lululemon gear (or some of it) and HAVE FUN!!

Now for some decisions.  Arm warmers will be included and I might wuss out and wear my tights.  I like to run warm.

Off for my tempo run!  And it isn't raining!  Good luck to those of you are racing!!  I'm excited to read race reports!

1. Any fun plans this weekend?
2.  Do you have a pair of favorite running shorts or a favorite top?

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment