I'm Back!!! Pre Run Video

As every runner who has ever suffered from an injury knows... it. feels. AMAZING to be back!  I just walked in the house from my first solo run (without pushing a double jogger) since feeling almost 100%.  I had every intention of running in the pouring rain tonight.  Not because I particularly love running in the cold rain.  I don't.  But because I didn't have time to get to the gym and back before later plans tonight.  Luckily for me, it cleared up just in time for my run.  It was me, the night, and the giant rain puddles! 

Here is a video taken right before I left.  Don't you just love my fancy running clothes?!  :)  Especially the head lamp...my favorite for running at night. 




I don't have a GPS but if I take Google Map Pedometer and match it up with the time on my watch, then I ran in just around an average of 8 minute mile pace.  Judging from my inner runner GPS, at least part of the run was in sub 8 pace!  I feel Glorious.  I know I'm not completely 100% but I'm close.  Towards the end of the run I could feel my hamstring start to whisper a few cuss words at me to keep me in check. 

I read a few blogs today about people who get up super early to run before their day gets going.  I just can't get myself to like early morning runs.  It is like my body and mind are still sleeping and I just can't get moving.  I especially can't imagine running before I've had coffee!  I'll take night runs any day if I had to choose between night and early mornings.  What time of the day do you prefer to run?

Oh, and my friend just sent me this article 9 Tips For Your Night Runs
Happy to be back,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment