You Might Be a Runner If....

1.  You have enough running shoes to build a small wall or mountain in your home.  Seriously, my friends on facebook just did not seem to "Get" this picture like I do and I think you might.  


2.  You're willing to save up to spend your "fun" money to run races.  


3.  You find yourself thinking of travel experiences in terms of what kind of cool races might be going on at that time. My high school coach and his wife mentioned that I should come see them in Sonoma this summer and I immediately started thinking about what races might be happening at the same time.  


4.  You're willing to sit in a tub full of ice water after running 13-26ish miles just so you can recovery faster in order to do it again!  


5.  You're willing to eat this gooey stuff called GU that tastes like Poo just so you can keep running longer. 

6.  Your idea of a hot sexy date is dropping off the kids at Grammy and Papa's and going on a 13 mile run through the country with your husband.  A time to reflect, reconnect, and have an uninterrupted conversation!


Can someone please tell me WHY my feet bow out when I run??  It was bad this weekend. Hey and how is this outfit for Hot and Sexy?!  Woo hoo!  Ha!  At least I keep it real on here.   

 Trying to get a good running shot for my blog header.  No luck.  But we had some laughs in the process.  


7.  You enjoy seeing your run split up into mile times.  






8.  You're willing to wear sock-like sleeves on your arms in order to have the ideal body temperature when you run.  And you get excited about spending money on the perfect blue running top to go with the arm sleeves.  Oh, and you might have a running blog if you're known to take a picture of yourself wearing your new running gear.  Even though really, you look like an idiot and really, most people who don't have a blog would tell you to Get. A. Life.  


Excuse the tired, end of the day, no make up look.  I'd like to say that I usually look better but this is the real deal with me most days.  Ha!  Tis the life of a SAHM.  I get excited when I have a reason to do my hair and make up and wear something other than workout clothes. It's like playing dress up.  


9.  You look forward to seeing your weekly training plan all written down and you're excited to see improvement.  


Of course, if you're Chris K, this would make your head spin.  Sorry Chris, don't look. It works for me.  :) 


10.  You really do run because you LOVE it!  You don't need the races and the training plans.  You don't need the fancy Garmins, sexy tops, and fancy protective sun hats.  You run because it fills you so completely, balances your mood, brings you back to yourself, and makes you a better you!  You run because you love to run.  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1.  Thank you so much for your sweet and sincere comments on my last post about my dad and my personal and emotional feelings about running:  The Deepest Part of My Running Heart--Running for Him  


2.  Anyone have anything to say about the Nike Women's Marathon or Half Marathon?  And Anyone planning on trying to run it this year?  I know that I've heard good things and that you get a Tiffany's necklace for finishing...a nice running one!  Score!  And my girlfriend and I are planning on trying to get a group together to try to get a spot this year!  Road Trip!  Any takers?  


3.  Finish this phrase and add one of your own:  You might be a runner if....


Peace Out, 
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment