Injury Milestone

I'm thinking it is a little ridiculous that I've posted a blog every day since starting this thing.  Mostly feeling ridiculous because besides one or two people (including my mom), I might be the only one reading it.  I know I have to start somewhere and I guess since this blog is partly to help me grow and reflect on my life as a runner and mother, then I shouldn't worry about how often I post. Blogging has really been something I look forward to at the end of the day.  It is a way for me to reflect on my day, set some goals as a runner and mother, share creative things I've done, etc.  So, blog again I will!


Tonight I'm staying up until midnight so I can register for the Hippie Chick Half Marathon.  It is a race that fills up quickly and I never remember to register in time.  The exciting thing for me is that this marks my return to running!  I'm so excited to be registering for a race considering that just nine weeks ago I was barely walking normal!  Another special thing about this marathon is that it will be on Mother's Day.  What a great way for me to celebrate motherhood and running together! 

My training and personal goals for this week:
*  Continue to take it easy
*  Run 1-2 miles each day, hoping to be up to 3 without pain by the end of the week
*  Continue to cross train on the elliptical and bike
*  Yoga
*  Eating Healthy...lots of water, fruits and veggies
*  Positive thinking and being in the moment with my kids.


3 more hours until I can register for the Hippie Chick Half! 

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment