Three Things Thursday That Start With "T" and a Few Goals

Okay, so I'm still new to the blog world and I'm picking up things as I go. I'm trying to connect with people, learn from the blogs I read and not waste too much time in the process.  I'm noticing a "Three Things Thursday" trend in the blog world and although I'm not one to normally follow the trends, I thought I'd jump on the wagon for tonight.  I figure I'd change things up just a bit and make my three things start with T. 

1.  Third Run!!    Wooo Hooo!  I just went on my third run since my doctor gave me the green light to start slowly getting back into running again.  I loved everything about it...the rain, the cool night, knowing that my kids were tucked safely in bed and I would come home to a quiet house. I even loved the sore muscles from doing Jillian yesterday.  I felt faster and stronger than my other two runs this week.  I'm glad nobody was watching me because I'm sure I looked a little silly with my head lamp and an ear-to-ear smile on my face.   I only went a mile since I'm trying to take it easy but so much of me just wanted to run forever.

2.  Time For Myself  This is only the second year I've been a stay-at-home mama and so it is still a learning process (well, isn't it always?).  I'm realizing more and more than I have to take time for myself in order to be ON as a mom and be able to excel at motherhood!  This is essential and true whether I have a job outside the home or not. 


3.  Thankfulness  For a few years now, I try to take time each day to write down a list of things I'm thankful for.  I usually write these things in my journal.  I've been inspired by a couple blogs to "blog" my gratitude list from time to time.  So, here are a few things I'm thankful for today:
* Running again
*  My 16 month old recovering from his ear infection
*  Girlfriend time...book club last night and a good friend stopping by today
*  My Mama, a best friend and wonderful Nana to my kids
*  Date Night with my husband (shhh, here he comes...I'm not supposed to be blogging but I thought I'd take a quick break while he sets the Netflix up on Wii. Yikes, I better type fast and hope for few typos.)
*  Beautiful and Brilliant people that write blogs...I've met some really neat people in blog land that I'm excited to learn from.
*  The fact that I could list page after page of things I'm thankful for.
*  Did I mention Running?!

A few quick GOALS (I love goals):
1.  Take time to read and write daily to improve in my writing, learn, connect with others, and reflect on my life.
2.  Make opportunities to have one-on-one time with each of my children every day.  Even if it means only reading a couple stories or sitting down to cuddle and talk about the day. 
3.  Take more time to pray and nurture my spiritual side. 
4.  Continue focusing on positive thinking and visualizing a speedy recovery with my running. 
5.  Talk kindly about others and find the good in people even when it is difficult. 

Happy Thursday!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment