Vision Collages and This Runner's Birthday Wish List



Since my birthday is coming up, I thought it would be a good time to make something new to help me continue to mentally focus on my running goals and vision for another year of living a healthy lifestyle.  One of the things that helps me stay motivated is creating vision collages that are filled with words and images that keep me focused on positive things.  I usually put my vision collages up on places I look often like my bathroom mirror or refrigerator door.  Today I decided to put them up on my kitchen cabinets.  My daughters joined me in this craft time.  While I made my vision collage, they created their own collage of pictures that made them happy and that they are thankful for. 



My three year old thought that she definitely should add the lipstick to her powerful vision for her life.


My five year old is thankful for waking up happy in the morning so she took this picture for her thankful collage.  I hope this vision thing works because she doesn't wake up happy in the morning.


Thankful for Mommy, fresh fruit, ice cream, and waking up joyful.






My Running Birthday Wish list. 

1.  A Garmin watch (this one might have to wait for Christmas).   I need suggestions on where to even start with this wish list item!  Recommendations are greatly welcomed. What is the best one to get?  I have not even started to research them but from what I've heard from other runners lately, this just might be a must-have!





2.  Renewed subscription to Runner's World magazine.  How did I let my subscription run out for so long?  I'm tired of staying after my sports therapy appointments just so I can read their copy of Runner's World in the waiting room. 



3.  My gift to myself:  Start registering for and planning my 2011 race schedule.  A few races I'd love to run in 2011: 

Hippie Chick Half Marathon
Helvetia Half Marathon
Portland Marathon
Nike Women's Marathon
*  Definitely one or two 5k and 10k races...still in the process of planning and open to suggestions.

What races are you running in 2011?  What is something on your running wish list?


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment