Few Thing "F" Friday

Okay, how is this for jumping on the alliteration title for the day of the week blog wagon?  Or whatever you call it...Three Things Thursday, Wordless Wednesday.  A few others that would be fun:  Fearless Friday (where we share all the things that we would be otherwise fearful to share or we do something that scares us and then write about (and include pictures)...this one could be fun...I mean it could be as simple as confronting someone (stranger or no stranger for those that fear confrontations), getting a picture of it and then wow, what a great post.  Ha, but you might need to have someone like your kid or husband hiding out to get the picture from a distance.  Another one is Small Syllable Saturday...a knock off of Wordless Wednesday really but I think it sounds way cooler.  Manic Monday (where we post pictures of a crazy part of our day). Hmmmm. What about you?  Tell me some good ones that you think up that might be fun to use for those days where you just are not in a conventional blog mood and you're needing a little starter to get your blog flowing.    

Food
Since my post yesterday was kind of about food, I'll start with this one.  It was a trailer for the new documentary called Forks Over Knives.  Worth at least watching the trailer for some food for thought.  I have to say for the record:  
1. I am not vegan or vegetarian.  I can see myself being a vegetarian very soon...the thing that is keeping me from getting there is just laziness.  I need to do my research and find recipes that I can cook that will help me replace my protein with other things.  I don't need or really want to eat much meat.  I wish I liked to cook and read about food ideas but it is just not a passion.
2.  I am not perfect or even near perfect with my diet.  This video was just something I found interesting.  
3.  Huge believer that moderation is everything!  It is all about balance!  
4.  Food is one of the BEST THINGS ABOUT LIFE!!  I LOVE TO EAT!!  Too many wonderfully tasting foods out there for me to be too terribly  healthy all the time.
5. Like Pizza.  A lot of it!
6.  I like to try to eat a lot of veggies and nuts and I'd like to eat more fruit too.  
7.  I eat EGGs almost every day.
8.  We don't drink much milk nor do we give our kids milk (unless in cereal sometimes).  I do not believe that the human diet needs to have Cow's milk as part of it.  Lots of research on this.  Lots. Oh, and my mom raised us on no cow's milk..didn't allow it.  I'm healthy and strong.  But I do not judge.  If you want milk and want to have your kids drink 4 or 5 glasses of Cow's milk a day...go for it!  To each his own.  
9.  I love cheese way too much to give up dairy.  Oh Cheese, I love you.  And paired with wine?  Perfection.  
10.  I'd like to post a post soon about the cost of food, food education, and the way Americans eat and how it is affected by socioeconomic status, education, advertisement, and just plain ol' ignorance.  An issue that makes me sad.  


Failure
I'm scared of it but not a much as I used to be.  Just sharing my running goals (time wise) on someone's post yesterday was scary and made me feel pressure but then I reminded myself that they are just goals and they serve a purpose of helping us reach new heights but they are not there to make us feel like a failure if we don't get there!  So here are my time goals for 2011 or 2012:  


1. I want to run my first 5k since college and face this fear.  I hope to finally break that 20 min mark.  My husband will run with me so hopefully having him pull me will be great.  I can't run his 18 min time or maybe I can...see there is that self-doubt creeping in.  
2.  Half Marathon Goal:  break 1:30.  
3. Marathon:  I'd love to run a 3:15 or under.  
There you have it.  Big goals but not too far off what I've run before so I think they are reasonable.  But scary to put out there.  Don't laugh if I fail miserably.  


Fruit
Need to eat  more of it.


Fast
I want to be with running.  I'm glad I wasn't labeled this in HS and College when it came to dating...you know Fast and Easy.  


Freak
Everyone needs a little freak in them.  In a good funny freak way.


Fantastic
Everyone needs to be told that they are fantastic!  Tell someone today how fantastic they are.  This used to be my favorite word to see on my papers when I was in Elementary School!


Fearless
Who is Fearless?  


Flippin' Ridiculous!
Yes, this is what kind of madness was going down at my house last night.  Trying to bake chocolate chip cookies, make an awesome spaghetti dinner, give my kids snacks or clean up their snacks, clean the kitchen and put the dishes away AND entertain my kids.  Multitasking madness at its finest!  Yes, my kitchen is gross but the real deal when I try to do too many things at once.  But the cookies and dinner were fabulous!!!





Feet
Need them to run.  I also think they can be pretty ugly.


Finding-out
Learning is awesome.  If we don't know something, there are always ways of Finding out the answer.


Fake
I am not a fan of fake.  Fake comments to get me to follow you.  Fake smiles and words that are not truthful (totally transparent).  Telling someone something that isn't true.  My personal preference (not not judging you if you do...totally personal) but I do not want : fake nails, fake boobs, etc. Disclaimer:  I have done and do plenty of things that would be considered fake:  highlighting hair, laughing when you're not funny, being nice to someone when really I just want to eat their face off, oh so many things.  I try to keep things as REAL as possible.  I have work to do...with many things.


Farting
Farts always make me laugh.  I don't think I will ever get over this.  They are funny.  The ones that make noise. Even the word makes me laugh.  SUAR posted a video yesterday and if you have not seen it then you should.  Pretty funny.  Especially the Fart part.  


Fartleks
Love them!


The F Word
Sometimes it just feels good to say.  Not always but every once and awhile....ahhh.  Don't judge.


Friendship
Glorious.  One of the biggest blessings that life has to offer.  I'm so thankful for my friends...college friends, high school friends, family friends, neighbor friends, friends everywhere, and blog friends.  I never expected to make real friends through blogging but I feel like I've genuinely found a friend in some of you.  So wonderful.  


Your turn.  Maybe one or none of these questions but I'd love to hear from you.


1.  Tell me one of your few things F things on this Friday.


2.  What is a favorite fart story of yours?  One of the ones that makes me laugh the most (and I have many) was when I ripped one in my 5th grade classroom.  I then started making rap/fart noises with my mouth and pretended that I was just busting out a little song about getting ready for lunch or recess.  I've also blamed it on my shoe before..."Wow, these are some squeaky shoes!"  


3.  Have you ever tried Spin class?  I tried it for the first time ever last night for my cross training Thursdays.  Janae, thanks for the inspiration.  I LOVED it.  Can't believe that I have not done it before.  It got me sweating and working hard.  Yay!  Hoping for every Thursday.


4.  Any fun weekend plans? Nothing too exciting for us.  I just love love love having the family all together to be lazy and do whatever we feel like.  Running of course, registering the kids for gymnastics, going out on a date, eating pizza, family movie night and sleeping in at least one day.  


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment