A Milestone...First Mother Daughter Run

My five year old woke up this morning ready for action!  First she got me to join her and my three year old daughter for some Jillian Michael's kick butt workout.  I wasn't even out of my ugly pajamas yet.  Nor had I had breakfast, brushed my hair, or done anything with myself so be warned.  But the best thing is that she begged and begged for me to let her go on a run with me.  She has been asking for this for some time.  Today was the day!  I didn't think she'd make it very far but I couldn't get her to stop. We went at least 1.5 miles and  she just ran and ran (and at a good pace too).  However, like a dog might be, she was easily distracted.  She wanted to stop here and there to check out houses for sale, pretty lights, fun lawn decorations, etc.  "Mommy, I love running.  It is so much better than driving!!  The best thing is that you get to see so many cool things!"  Definitely a girl after my own heart.  Loved it and loved seeing the joy she had from JUST RUNNING FREE!  








And the one you've all been waiting for....

Jillian in Jammies!  And I know you are so jealous of my fabulous and stylish pajama pants.  (disclaimer:  They were a gift.  Don't knock 'em until you've tried them. They may not be the most flattering but they are comfy!  I had not planned for a photo shoot): 



Happy New YEAR!!!!  2011 is going to ROCK!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment