Joyful Day; Gift of Life



Joyful Day,
Glorious Life.
Waking up at 2 a.m,
Expecting it, embracing it,
       knowing that they grow up 
In the blink of an eye. 
Excited Child,
    shaking with anticipation, wonder, 
and the 
       magic of it all.
Led back to bed,
     but first, with a shared and knowing wink,
     a quick check outside 
            to see that the reindeer had eaten their veggie snack,
only a bit of carrot left behind
As proof
That they were there.


Tired parents.  Eyes Heavy from missing sleep.
But smiles on our faces
        From ear to ear.
Remembering. Understanding.  Experiencing again.
The joy of giving.
    And Receiving too.
Celebration of a child being born to us, our Savior and Lord.  


Family.
Gifts given from the heart,
Most adored.
    Made with their hands,
Treasured forever. 
Irreplaceable gifts,
    Only one of their kind.  
Made
Especially
For
You and Me.


Thankful for Blessings. 
A Family,
    Love,
Home.


Knowing that tomorrow
Is a New Day.  
Fresh Start.
New Opportunities for Growth,
And
      Goals
To be a better You
   and Me.
A Gift we have 
Especially
Because of Love and Grace
From
God.  


Hope your day was blessed with love and joy!  


Who did you spend your Christmas with ?
We spent our morning with just our family of 5!  We had little sleep since my 5 year old couldn't help but wake up at 2a.m.  She was so excited!  My husband handled it so much better than I would have since I do not do well without my sleep!  At 2 we drove over to my in-law's house with my mom, sister-in-law and family.  Lots of love!  And many hand made gifts.  Treasures.


Did you get any running related gifts this year?
I got my Garmin 205 that I was hoping for!  I didn't have time for a real run today so I just went on a short and easy mile before we left for our family dinner.  Just enough to play around with it for 8 min and 2 seconds.  Enough to let me know that I. LOVE. IT!  


Oh, and of course, I also got my cool running necklace from Meg, my Secret Santa.  You can check that out HERE.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment