Return to Forest Park



First Run in Forest Park since my fall here on August 15th that led to a complete tear and multiple other tears in my hamstring.  So happy to be back here today.  The sun was out for a bit, 58ish degrees, no rain....perfect. Just my good friend Jen, the trees, and my favorite place to run.  For those of you that don't know about Forest Park, it is worth checking out, and definitely worth a visit if you are ever in Portland.  Heck, I would say that this place is reason enough just to come to the Pacific Northwest whether you have any other reason or not.  Miles and Miles of trails right in the middle of the city...land untouched by development and a treasured spot for runners, walkers, hikers, and bikers.  Really a wonderful place no matter what you are doing.  


One of the trail heads. Leif Erikson is where I've always done most my long runs.  It goes 11 miles to the next parking lot so I usually go out and come back.  Today we went out 3 to make a total of 6.  Every 1/4 mile is marked. You can also go off on smaller trails.





Definitely dog friendly.  Always water bowls for the dogs.



 My long run running partner, Jen.  Love this girl! She's been a dear friend for a long time.


Okay, I'm keeping this pic small because it is a really bad picture...especially since I'm wearing such a lovely outfit but really, can somebody help me with my stride???!  Can you say heel striker?  ouch.I think I've always run like this but there must be a better form for me.  




Playing it smart and stretching before we turn around.



What is your favorite place to run?
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment