A Little of This and a Little of That. And a Video That Keeps Me Laughing.

Here's a video to go with the Motherhood part of Runnerhood.  Pretty funny...I think most moms can relate to one of these moms in some form.  I did post about running last night with my Redemption Push Ups Video...I guess that one probably has a bit to do with motherhood too.  





Running Related:
*  Thinking next week might be a good time to register for the The Newport Marathon on the Oregon coast.  It is a smaller marathon and they like to keep it that way so it fills up fast.  I think we will make a family vacation out of the deal and rent a beach house with the cousins and grandparents for a few days.  


*  Hoping for a long run this weekend.  Maybe with a new Garmin if Santa delivers.  ;)


*  Trying my mile repeats again in a couple weeks after I'm certain my hamstring is okay.  


*  I need to not just look at the cover of my new running books but to really read them!! Don't know where to start.  ???:  Fell asleep reading Advanced Marathoning and still don't know my lactate threshold or how to find it.....anyone?  Thinking Brain Training for Runners might be a good one to start with.  



Still looking in the mail every day for my secret running blog gift...excited! I'm sure anything I get will be wonderful...it is just so fun to get mail.  I'd be happy with a colorful envelope and some nice well written words.  


Merry Christmas (Almost!).  My kids seem to think it is already here since they keep waking up earlier and earlier.  uggh!  My husband and I are getting a sitter today to go finish up the Christmas shopping.  We just recently got our first non-family babysitter and she is awesome!  Too bad she is going to college next year...she's a dream!  The best kind.  Such a milestone in my mommy life to be using a teenager to babysit.  But I completely trust and love her and so do the kids.


Lots of questions today....hopefully one that you will answer!  I tried to think of motherhood/fatherhood and running equally.  

1. What about you....Do you have a trusted babysitter that you use?


2. Which one of these running books above would your read first?  The Lore of Running is obviously more of a resource to go to when needed so I won't be reading that cover to cover.  


3. Do you do mile repeats in your training program?  


4. What are your thoughts about the Hal Higdon marathon training plan?  This is the only one I've ever used (I've only done 2 marathons).  The process of choosing it was this:  google marathon training.  Choose the first one that came up.  I think Jeff Galloway came up but I didn't know how I felt about his walking breaks that he talks about so I went with Higdon.  Yup, that was my hard work in choosing a plan.  But this time I'd like to be more thoughtful in choosing.  


5. And one final question so you have lots to choose from.  How do you do Santa in your house? Do your kids believe in Santa?  If so, do you have one gift or all the gifts from Santa?  Do they write a letter or go visit or both?  This Santa stuff is all new to me since being a grown up.  I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness until I was 12 so I was never allowed to celebrate anything.  By the time I was 12, it was past the point of believing in all of that magical stuff.  But it has been fun to be a mother and experience all of these fun holidays with my children.  So exciting!  We usually have one big gift for each kid that is unwrapped under the tree from Santa.  The rest are from family.  We definitely do the Santa visit but Santa isn't the main focus of Christmas for us so if we didn't go visit Santa, it might go unnoticed by the kids.  


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment