Kinvaras, Mizunos, and Calf Compression Sleeves. What's Your Take?


Yesterday, I decided that it was the day to get my Secret Santa gift for my "person" so after seeing the movie Tangled with my sweet girls, we headed over to one of my favorite local running stores, The Portland Running Company.  They were having an awesome sale on everything, including up to 50% on 2010 shoe models.  I went with the intention of just buying something fun for the blog gift exchange but  in the back of my mind I knew that I wanted to sneak a peak at these Saucony Kinvara shoes that everyone is talking about.  I didn't think I would end up buying them but I did and I don't regret it a bit!  I'm so excited to slowly work my way into them.  The owner of the Portland Running Company advised me to start with wearing them one day a week and slowly work my way up into wearing them during speed workouts and racing in them.  They feel amazing!  And they just look gorgeous.  Forget the iPhone that I had on my Christmas list...if I've gone this long without an Internet phone, I can go longer.  But these...way better than any phone.   Maybe Santa will bring me the phone too.  What do you say Santa?!



Aren't they lovely?!  Not the best picture, I know.  



I also decided to try a new brand of shoe.  I have never run in Mizuno before so I would love to hear your thoughts if you have personal experience.  I found these Wave Inspire 6 Mizunos for 50% off so I only paid $50.  What an awesome deal.  I also got my husband a new pair of shoes for 50% off!   


So, these babies are what I really need advice about.  I was convinced that these calf compression sleeves are all the rage and that they are only a good thing in the running world.  Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to the size so I will have to go back and exchange my XS for a S or M even.  Does anyone know if these RecoFit sleeves are a good brand?  What about your experience with compression sleeves or socks?  What would you recommend as far as brands, style, etc?

Also, how often do you use your compression sleeves/socks?  Do you use them for every workout (before, during, after) or racing?  Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated.



Of course, I got a few things for my secret person but  I'm not going to include those photos. ;)  I hope they like their gift!  I'll be sending it out this week.  Thanks again to Jill for organizing this gift exchange!

Recap:

1.  If you own a pair of Saucony Kinvara shoes, please share your experience with them.  How often to you wear them?  Do you love, like, dislike them?  


2.  Compression Calf Sleeves/socks.  What kinds do you recommend?  How often do you use them? 


Amanda


p.s.  After my post yesterday about Baby Legs As Running Sleeves, I had a few of you suggest I do a Baby Legs Giveaway, so be on the lookout.  Seriously, all you running mamas out there, baby legs are awesome for your kids and they work great as running sleeves for you when you need them.  They also make great gifts.  Check them out on facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/babylegs

No comments:

Post a Comment